|Job Title:||Project Manager for GHRU Happy Village Plus (HVP) Project|
|Department/Division/Faculty:||Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya|
|Campus location:||Ragama, Sri Lanka|
|Responsible to:||Prof. Anuradhani Kasturiratne|
|Key Working Relationships (internal):||Prof. Anuradhani Kasturiratne (University of Kelaniya); Dr. Prasad Katulanda (University of Colombo); Dr Marisa Miraldo (Imperial College London); Dr Palitha Karunapema (Health Promotion Bureau, Ministry of Health; GHRU faculty and staff|
|Key Working Relationships (external):||External GHRU partners involved in the project|
|Contract type:||Full-time for 9 months (initial contract, with a possibility of extension)|
|Placed on:||25th January 2021|
|Closes:||15th February 2021|
|Send your application to Prof. Kasturiratne at firstname.lastname@example.org|
Purpose of the Post
As part of the NIHR funded Global Health Research Unit (GHRU) on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease in South Asians (https://www.ghru-southasia.org/) the University of Kelaniya in collaboration with the University of Colombo, Imperial College London, and Sri Lankan Ministry of Health is seeking to implement the Happy Village Plus project. This initiative aims to reduce the risk factors of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus through the implementation of a multifaceted primary prevention community-based intervention in selected areas in Sri Lanka in two districts within the Western Province. We are looking for a project manager to be hired by the University of Kelaniya to work closely with all academic partners and the Ministry of Health (Health Promotion Bureau) in implementing, and monitoring the community intervention.
This full-time post will commence in February 2021 for a fixed term of 9 months (with a possibility of extension), with the successful candidate based at the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. The salary will be competitive and negotiable depending on the qualifications and experience.
Day to day supervision will be provided by Prof. Anuradhani Kasturiratne with engagement and regular meetings with the full research team. Informal inquiries to Prof. Kasturiratne: email@example.com
The centre and the different partners are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
- Manage all operational aspects of the research project according to the study protocol and the SOPs.
- Develop, manage, and maintain project schedules and study materials; interact regularly with the research staff, local and foreign investigators, and research team members.
- Identifying potential risks and resolving issues with the investigators
- Monitoring the project status to ensure successful completion of project parameters, milestones, timelines
- Reviewing monitoring reports, protocol deviations and data listings for the study to ensure reliable quality data are delivered.
- Communicating directly with study site staff and investigators of the trial; tracking the progress of study timelines; supporting safety reporting and IRB submissions; maintaining and reporting metrics for clinical site performance
- Performing and overseeing site monitoring visits for the trial as needed
- Training team members under the supervision of the investigators
- Supervising the project and site inspection to ensure that the quality standards are met
- Participate in regional meetings and study progress review meetings as needed
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data at the study-level
- Work with Healthcare professionals and other stakeholders of the study
- Manage data collection
- Coordinate the implementation of the interventions
- The job role may require travelling and overnight stay away from home
Candidates/post holders will be expected to demonstrate the following
|Essential (E) / Desirable (D)|
|Master’s or doctoral degree in Life Sciences, Medicine, Health Sciences, Behavioural Science, Health Economics, Public Health or a related field.||E|
|Project management experience||E|
|Experience in managing research teams||E|
|Experience in data collection and data management||E|
|Two years’ experience working in a research environment.||E|
|Experience with research design and implementation of randomized interventions||D|
|Skills & Abilities|
|Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint||E|
|Must be adaptable; able to work independently and collaboratively with a team||E|
|Proactive, solution-oriented and self-driven personality||E|
|Ability to handle fast-paced environment||E|
|Experience with engagement with non-academic stakeholders||D|
|Fluency in Sinhala and English, both spoken and written||E|
|Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills||E|
|Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills||E|